Friday, October 19, 2012

Inspiration

Joseph B. Wirthlin once said "Come what may, and love it."

This simple quote has been a favorite of mine since the time that I heard it, and I reflect on it often, especially right now. Between school and work, homework and dishes, and managing to eat somewhere in between, I found that I began to grow weary. I missed my husband most of all, as our time together is more restricted than I expected it to be. I talked to my mama for advice... multiple times (those of you who get to know me through this blog will find that this is a common occurrence, as we are basically best friends). She has been so good to listen to me and counsel me through my stress, and has given me swift slaps in the butt when I needed to kick it into gear and stop my bawling. So this is my new goal: Find a little joy in every day. Every single one! It should be something simple, that makes you smile. And I have done it this week. One day I changed the smell of my Scentsy candle so that the scent of Fall enveloped my house, and another I went running (these are just a couple of examples). It might sound silly, but it has made such a difference! So, my friends, come what may, and love it.

On a different note, I need to catch up all of you on what Sam and I have been up to the last six months! (Can you believe I have been married for almost that long??) Last weekend we escaped Provo for two days to be with my family on a mini vacation to Moab. We hiked around arches, played games, slept in, and most of all had a break from school. Also, I have always wanted to learn about photography, and Audrey let me practice taking some nicer photos with her old camera. Can you say BE-GIN-NER? So no laughing at my first, unedited shoot from any of you!










 More to come soon, everyone!

Kaits

3 comments: